TRAINING VISA (SUBCLASS 407)
Subclass 407 or training visa allows Australian organizations to sponsor applicants on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or professional development activities. Australian organizations have to be approved as training sponsors to be able to nominate an applicant for the 407 visa.
- No age limit
- No skill assessment required
- No minimum qualification requirements
- IELTS score 4.5
- No minimum salary requirements
- Excellent training opportunities in Australia
- Career Enhancement
- Multiple entry in Australia during the validity of the visa
- More future options
- Can be renewed multiple times
- Full time work
- Trainees can have partner and children visiting Australia with them as dependents
- Spouse/Partner can also work 40 hours per fortnight in any occupation
- Paid Australia work experience
- We can also consider unpaid internships for the candidates on case to case basis
- Completion of Job ready program in Australia
The 407 visa allows you to:
- Apply for the visa whether you are inside Australia or outside Australia.
- live and work as a trainee in Australia for up to 2 years
- travel to and from Australia during the visa period
- include family members
- company must be approved as a temporary activities sponsor
- company must provide full structured training plan
- application consists of a 3 stage process – sponsorship, nomination and visa application
- minimum salary requirement does not apply however salary or wages payable to trainees must be in accordance with Australian labor laws and practices
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age unless exceptional circumstances apply
- Applicants have to achieve functional English requirement, equivalent to IELTS 4.5 average
- Applicants have to provide evidence of funds to support themselves
- Applicants Should undertake the occupational training identified in the nomination unless the training is to be provided by the Commonwealth
- unpaid volunteer work may be accepted
- Workplace-based occupational training for streams other than professional development training programs must be for at least 30 hours a week and at least 70 per cent of this training must be workplace-based, 30 per cent can be classroom based
For occupational trainees:
- 1 year of closely related work experience to the nominated occupation is required in the last 2 years or applicant must be a recent graduate in the last 12 months with qualification closely related to the nominated occupation and meet minimum qualification requirement for the occupation
- The sponsor must be the training provider
Fees & Duration
Visa Fee for 407 start From AUD280
Applicants might have to pay additional costs for: additional applicant over 18 and under 18.
Other costs, Applicants might have to pay other costs, such as the costs of health assessments, police certificates, or any other certificates or tests. Applicants are responsible for making the necessary arrangements
*Rules can be change as per Australian immigration. Ref link: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/407-
Length of stay: Upto 2 years.
Others Three different streams apply:
Occupational training required for registration:
For applicants who require registration, membership or a license to work in Australia or their home country.
Occupational training to enhance skills in an eligible occupation:
For applicants who wish to participate in structured workplace-based training in relation to an occupation listed on the CSOL list to improve their skills.
Occupational training for capacity building overseas:
For applicants who require training as part of their overseas study or who are supported by an Australian or overseas government organization or for professional or management level employees of an overseas organization
- stop undertaking the nominated and approved occupational training program in relation to which the visa was granted
- undertake any work outside of the nominated and approved occupational training program in relation to which the visa was granted
To ensure you obtain precise information for your specific situation please contact with us today. Our Migration Specialist will conduct a full migration assessment and advise about which visa option or pathway is best for you.